Fire safety is paramount for every business and home. The right fire protection system can prevent major injuries, death, and millions of dollars in property damage. As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Here are some of our best suggestions for choosing the right fire protection system for your business or home.
Most residential fires are caused by something in the kitchen, improperly maintained fireplaces, smoking indoors, or a lack of awareness when using electrical or heated appliances. A residential fire protection system should always include:
- Smoke alarms are an important part of every fire protection system. You should have more than one in your home or apartment, with at least one on every level of the house (yes, including the attic and basement!). If you are looking to also protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning, you can purchase fire detectors that are also carbon monoxide detectors.
- A fire sprinkler system. Many homes do not have sprinklers installed, but they are the single most powerful weapon against fire spreading in your home.
- Fire alarm monitoring is another way to further protect your home, family, and property. A professional monitoring system will alert the fire department and first responders right away if a fire is detected in your home.
Commercial fires can come from a variety of places. Businesses are also held to much higher standards in terms of fire safety due to local, state, and national regulations. Your business should have a commercial fire protection system that includes:
- An integrated fire protection system that includes smoke alarms, smoke detectors, strategically-placed smoke sensors, a sprinkler system, and a voice notification method.
- Maintaining your system on a regular basis. Without any time spent keeping up the system that you have, you are setting yourself up for failure in the event of a fire. Proper maintenance is the backbone of an effective fire alarm system.
Commercial and Residential Fire Protection from Biles Fire Protection
Biles Fire Protection can help with all of your residential or commercial fire safety needs. We have the equipment and expertise to install wet sprinkler systems or dry sprinkler systems at affordable prices. We are well known for our top-notch customer service, quick response times, and reliable support and maintenance. To get a quote for your sprinkler system, fill out our online request form. For more information and to chat about how we can help meet your fire safety needs, visit us online or give us a call at (443) 701-8330. To get more fire safety tips and information, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.