The fire alarm system at your property keeps you, your guests, your property, and your tenants safe. If you have a great fire alarm system but don’t take the time to maintain it, it might not do its job if a fire ever occurred. You should always have your fire alarm system professionally inspected by Biles Fire Protection Services once a year.
What Are the Steps of a Fire Inspection for Fire Alarm Maintenance?
A fire alarm system inspection will ensure that your system is working properly and that it will keep you safe during any fire event. The process typically goes something like this:
- First, visually inspect the fire alarm system to see if any notifiers, pull stations, or devices are missing or damaged.
- Testing the alarm control panel to make sure that it is accurate and functional
- Testing each smoke detector to make sure that they have the right batteries and properly function
- Clean all smoke detectors with nitrogen
- Test every manual pull station and heat detector to make sure that they reflect properly on the alarm panel
- Do a random check of circuit supervision to see if the fire alarm panel properly detects the open circuit
- Test the stand-by battery charger and batteries
- If your business uses an alarm monitoring company, make sure that the company received all of the right signals in the right order
- Verify that the remote annunciator identifies where the fire alarm exists and properly announces it
- If you have duct detectors, those will be tested to ensure that the unit properly shuts down
- Checking auxiliary devices like door holders or dampers to make sure that they properly activate
- If you have an elevator in your building, your fire alarms in the elevator shafts can also be tested
Fire Alarm Systems from Biles Fire Protection
Biles Fire Protection can help with all of your residential or commercial fire safety needs. We have the equipment and expertise to install wet sprinkler systems or dry sprinkler systems at affordable prices. We are well known for our top-notch customer service, quick response times, and reliable support and maintenance. To get a quote for your sprinkler system, fill out our online request form. For more information and to chat about how we can help meet your fire safety needs, visit us online or give us a call at (443) 701-8330. To get more fire safety tips and information, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.