Part of your fire safety plan is ensuring that all of your fire safety equipment is in working order. Without working fire extinguishers and fire sprinklers, your fire protection is as good as non-existent. Here are three of the things that you should do to take care of a broken sprinkler on your commercial property.
Prepare in Advance
The best way to stop a broken sprinkler from harming your property is by planning in advance. To prevent broken sprinklers at your property:
- Establish emergency water shut-off plans for your commercial property
- Designate certain employees as the ones who should take care of executing the emergency water shut-off plan. Make sure that you have at least one person signed up to take care of this plan during every shift at your place of business.
- Hire Biles Fire Protection Services to regularly inspect your sprinkler system and make sure that it’s right for you
If you do have a broken sprinkler on your property, at quickly and according to your emergency water shut-off plan. Consider using any of the following broken sprinkler shut-off tools:
- A sprinkler stop-valve that can be attached to open sprinkler heads to turn them off
- A shotgun sprinkler shut-off tool that can stop water from leaving standard and semi-recessed sprinklers
- A quick-stop talon tool that will stop water flow even on broken, sheared, or intact sprinklers
Other than preventing broken sprinklers, regularly inspecting your sprinkler system will help identify problems right before or right after they occur. Never paint over your sprinklers or hang anything from them. Never place things near sprinkler heads, especially if they could bump into them if they fall.
Commercial Fire Protection from Biles Fire Protection
Biles Fire Protection can help with all of your residential or commercial fire safety needs. We have the equipment and expertise to install wet sprinkler systems or dry sprinkler systems at affordable prices. We are well known for our top-notch customer service, quick response times, and reliable support and maintenance. To get a quote for your sprinkler system, fill out our online request form. For more information and to chat about how we can help meet your fire safety needs, visit us online or give us a call at (443) 701-8330. To get more fire safety tips and information, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.